Thursday, September 9, 2010

Omi & Maude's grand adventure

Today I feel fresh and overjoyed with this new life ahead of me. I love the inspiration of fall and all that it entails. The pure fact that it symbolizes change... (something that I love more than anything ) changes in the air, football, fall fashion, garage sales (or as I say earth friendly treasure hunting), funky yard decor and leaves... awe change how I love thee.


As fall marks a season of change in nature it also marks a significant change in my life. My small family and I recently relocated to a new city with amazing history as well as an array of diverse people groups and cultures (another thing that I love). Most importantly I get to be home with one of my favorite people, my two year old daughter Omi. Every day is an adventure with the two of us... Omi & Maude's grand adventures! Today on our grand adventure we walked through our new neighborhood gazing at the rows of town homes, each with its own charm and fun personality. I became inspired by the different textures used; the brick, slate and the amazing color choices for doors! Like I said, charm and fun personality!

Omi is my little scientist who loves to collect stones and leaves among other things on our daily walks. She is also a great partner at thrift/consignment stores and searching out what others say is old and redeeming it to beauty and art. Today due to the beautiful weather, my daughters new pet rocks and the inspiring town homes I think my next project will be designing a picnic set for my( recent steal from a earth friendly treasure hunt) wicker basket...oh joy... lunch under the fall sun with my Omi.


No comments:

Post a Comment