Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Wisdom Wednesday: Beyond the small perimeter of me

My bread box is my daily reminder


Those Little Eyes

By Richard Netherland Cook


Little eyes are watching you 
Each and every day, 
And little ears are listening too 
Every word you say. 


Little hands are fast at work 
Doing what you do, 
And a little mind is dreaming 
To grow up just like you. 


To him you are the wisest 
He leans on your every word 
He believes in you with all his heart, 
And all from you he's heard. 


When he grows up he wants to be 
A man who's just like you 
So watch the all of what you say, 
And all the things you do.

A humbling thought that our lives have the power to impact so many people. I encourage you to never forget that everyday is an opportunity to use your life, gifts, talents and failures to better the life of someone else. This poem has been my daily reminder of how I must choose to live my life before my children. I have to make a choice everyday to live a honest and simple life that is for the betterment of others and for the glory of God. Our family has been serving in ministry for seven years and with this privilege comes great joy, challenges, and at times pain.  The great joy of ministry has always outweighed the painful moments and by God's grace our family has endured. Many of our hardest seasons as a family has been when ministry has demanded more than our family could give but with the help of wonderful mentors and prayer warriors for friends we have always ...but not easily... made the choice to keep our small family the main priority.  

In what way do you remind yourself to live a life beyond the small perimeter of "me"?  During the hard times  I must run to the Word of God and hide His Word in my heart...one my favorite hidden treasures is: "Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers."  In other words, everyday of my life, I must choose to live beyond myself- to use my daily opportunities to live as a good example before my little children. This life we live will not be perfect but our imperfect lives are God's masterpiece and that is what brings beauty to our current moment.

Seize the moment to live and love well today

KtMaude



No comments:

Post a Comment